family pic

family pic

Thursday, August 28, 2014

13 Years Ago...

  13 years ago tonight was the beginning of our experience with c-sections! I'm sure most of you are familiar with my story, but for those who aren't well I guess I can tell it again! ;) 
  I was one week away from being due with baby number 4, helping my aunt get ready for her daughter's bridal shower. I was standing on a stool (yes, I was a little young and "thought" I was invincible back then) tacking a balloon in the ceiling when I felt my water break. I jumped (again, the young invincible me) down and went in the bathroom... WELL it wasn't water, but bright red blood. I hollered for my cousin to get her mom and sat back on the toilet where it kept on coming! Seriously, it sounded like a horse peeing!! I couldn't get off the toilet, my aunt called 911 and away I went in the ambulance! A quick ultrasound showed complete placenta previa, which we did not know about as having no insurance we didn't have an ultrasound that pregnancy!! So in to the OR where Shiloh James was born exactly two hours after the 911 call was placed! And that is how my c-section story began! 
  It is hard to believe that my first "set" as I call my older kiddos, are all teenagers!! It is almost like having two families, the big Kiddos and the Littles!!
 

This picture is old, but it's the best I could find. Time for new pictures!!!

4 comments:

  1. I remember that day well, I got to J&D's house to help with the shower just as the EMTs were bringing you out to the ambulance and Tim was arriving with the other kiddos (if I remember correctly) and he was pale white! Nobody could think straight after you left, to do anything for the shower, lol. Thankful all turned out well and Shiloh arrived safely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that day very well... So thankful it all turned out well! Happy Birthday Shiloh! ( Chancy is 3 days behind him, another teen in our house soon too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had big kyds and little kyds too, 5 years between. My mama did too. Seven in 7 years and then 7 years later she had three more. Mine are all adults now and half my mama's are grandparents. Time marches on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy be-lated birthday, Shiloh!

    ReplyDelete